Creme Caramel

One of my favourite dessert  Creme Caramel/Caramel Custard/Flan is soft melt in mouth dessert made with milk eggs and sugar .This dessert is loved equally by kids and adults. You can make it in ramekins or could use mould too.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup milk
3eggs
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
In a heavy bottomed saucepan add 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp water Place the  saucepan over low heat .once the sugr melts increase the heat to med and boil until it begins to caramelise.turning golden brown ..remove it from heat or it will continue to darken and may turn too dark or even burn.
Carefully remove (it or you may burn yourself )and pour it in the ramekins or mould.
In another saucepan heat milk ..dont let the milk boil..
Whisk eggs,yolk ,1/4 cup sugar  and vanilla together Whisk in  milk in few additions Strain through a fine sieve and stir in vanilla.  Pour custard in the mould or divide evenly among ramekins.
Prepare a waterbath by adding boiling water just to the level of the mould.
Place the ramekins/mould in the water bath and bake for 35 min at 160 Degree Celsius.
Cool at room temperrature for 30 min  then refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
To unmould  run a sharp knife around  mould/inside of each ramekins and invert onto a serving plate, gently shaking to release.
Enjoy creamy caramel custard chilled..


.
linking this to Haffa's & Monu's event :Wedding Anniversary Cakes & Sweets
Event announcement| Events| Wedding Anniversary cakes| wedding anniversary recipes,


sending this to Tanya's event and   Babi's event

NewerStories OlderStories Home

23 comments:

Unknown said...

So yummy creme caramel.......

Lincyscookart said...

Perfectly made cream caramel. So creamy and rich in taste. Love it!

Rafeeda AR said...

so perfectly made!!! I never ever get this right...

Beena said...

Wow super tempting cream caramel

Remya said...

yummy

Anonymous said...

wow melt in mouth this is looking extremely delicious :)

Unknown said...

Yummy my favorite

nandoos kitchen said...

looks yumm..

Fullscoops said...

Perfect! Looks fantastic!

Mayuri Patel said...

Lovely creme caramel.Looks fantastic. Every time I see it being blogged by a fellow blogger, I think, I should make this for my hubby as he loves, but just forget.

Nava K said...

My fav too, I love it melt in the mouth texture and a portion after a meal will be simply satisfying.

Merry Tummy said...

This looks so perfect:) this is all what i want when i am stressed- will surly bring smile to my face:)

priya said...

looks too yummy..my fav dessert

Home Cooked food said...

this is out of the world. amazing.

Julie said...

wow..delectable one,Gloria..looks mouthwatering!

Juliana said...

Oh Gloria, this look so good, lovely texture...creamy...yum!
Hope you are having a wonderful week :D

Ruxana Gafoor said...

looks so perfect melt in mouth dessert..

Cathleen said...

This looks really good! I have never tried anything like this, but I would love to try it!

Shobha said...

My hubby's favourite dessert.

Suhaina said...

When r u inviting me home?

Swathi said...

Delicious caramel flan,

Priya Shiva said...

Looks so perfect!

Unknown said...

I must try it. Thanx for linking this recipe to my ongoing event- Wedding Anniversary Cakes & Sweets

Post a Comment