Eggless Black Forest Cake/ Eggless Black Forest Cake Recipe.


A simple yet elegant Black forest Cake. This Black Forest Cake/Black Forest Gateau was one of my favourite birthday  cakes since childhood ..As a kid I used to only like Black forest and pineapple cake..Now i love chocolate cakes..This  Eggless Black Forest cake is actually the most easiest cake ..I have used an eggless chocolate cake for this recipe the cake was soft and just super yummy




You can use cherry pie filling or fresh cherries I had glazed cherries so i used  them .So make home your very own Eggless Black Forest Cake and see the smile on your loved ones  .I'm sure once you bake your own cake you will never buy a birthday cake from a bakery.

Ingredients:
for the cake
1 cup Flour/Maida
1/4 cup milk powder
1/2 cup coco powder
3/4 cup powdered sugar*
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup water
1 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup Oil/Melted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract /essence
1 tsp Baking powder

for the cream layer
1 cup whipped cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

to garnish and for soaking
cherries as needed
sugar syrup/cherry syrup/pineapple juice to soak
1/2 cup chocolate shavings/grated chocolate




Method :

  • Mix the flour,baking powder,baking soda ,Coco powder and sieve it add Milk powder and sugar along with it in a bowl
  • Then add Oil vanilla and Water.
  • Mix together with a whisk or a spoon ,mix well so that there are no lumps.


  • Then add water and vinegar  mix well,the mixture will be runny.
  • Pour it in a greased 6 " pan lined with parchment/butter paper
  • Preheat the oven for 10 min at 180 degree Celsius  and bake for 35-40 min or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.


  • Remove the cake room the pan on wire rack and allow it to cool.
  • Let the cake  cool completely before dividing into half
  • I use the thread to cut the cake in two you may use a knife/thread.
  • Whip the cream with icing sugar and vanilla essence ,beat till soft peaks are formed.
  • Soak the cake with 1 1/2 tsp of /cherry syrup/sugar syrup/pineapple juice.
  • Apply whipped cream all over and place some chopped cherries.



  • Cover it with remaining half layer and apply whipped cream all over and crumb coat.
  • Let the cake cool in the fridge for an hour,then remove and cover the cake completely with whipped cream
  • With a piping bag make some designs with a star nozzle
  • Place cherry on every design and sprinkle the chocolate shavings in the middle
  • Also cover the sides of the cake with chocolate shavings.
  • Let it refrigerate for 2-3 hrs before slicing


Notes :

*You can use  1 cup brown sugar instead of powdered sugar ,i usually add both but here i used powdered sugar.
Use a knife /grater to make your chocolate shavings.I used dark chocolate compound.
If you have chocolate chips ,use that to decorate the cake or you could use chocolate sprinkles alternatively.
Always keep the bowl and the beaters in the fridge before whipping the cream

NewerStories OlderStories Home

29 comments:

Babitha said...

perfect dear

Remya said...

yum yum

Anonymous said...

wow i am in love with your black forest cake.. seriously it looks divine :) and the step by step pictures are too kooooll <3 mashallah

Fullscoops said...

My all time favorite! Would love a slice!

Motions and Emotions said...

you have made a master piece...liked it

Julie said...

wow..one of our family favorite..perfectly made,wish I could grab that yummy slice :)

Beena said...

Lovely cake

Janet Rudolph said...

Always looking for chocolate eggless recipes.. thanks so much!

Mayuri Patel said...

delicious looking black forest cake. Haven't baked one for such a long time and to think that , that was one of the first cakes I had learnt how to bake.

Kimberly said...

Lovely Gloria. I baked one yearrrs ago when I was in college... and then never again! There wasn't the smallest bit left for me to taste. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad :P
Your cake looks fabulous... craving for some now! :)

Subha Rajesh said...

Yummy..so pretty..loving the fact that it is eggless too..Really amazing!!

Nava K said...

Pretty. I normally lick the cream and eat the cherries. Truly impressive.

Unknown said...

beautifully baked dear.. looks fantastic

Amelia said...

Hi Gloria, your eggless black forest cake look delightful. Very well bake and nice decoration. I would love to have a huge slice with coffee. :))

Have a nice day,regards.
Amelia

Anonymous said...

Can I use amul cream instead of heavy whipping cream

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday...can I only make the cake and put ganache on it....will it taste good...please help

Gloria Fernandes said...

Which cream u mean fresh cream? For that u need to keep a bowl filled with ice below the bowl in which cream is placed.. Keep the bowl n beaters in the fridge chilled before you beat the cream

Gloria Fernandes said...

Gamache always taste good.. Yes it will taste very nice..

Gloria Fernandes said...

I meant ganache

Anonymous said...

can u plz tel me dear this recipe is for how mch kg? i need to bake 1 kg

Gloria Fernandes said...

this makes half kg ..to make 1 kg you can double the ingredients...

Anonymous said...

Hi...after crumb coating the cake and putting it in the fridge...do I have to keep the remaining whipped cream also in the fridge ...Till 1 hour

Gloria Fernandes said...

Yes the cream should be refrigerated as well

Anonymous said...

Hello I tried this recipe ...my cake ease a little hard...though I didn't over bake it...secondly after beating the cream still it didn't stay started melting even though I refrigerate it...please help

Gloria Fernandes said...

did u bake it in the microwave...and if not wat temp did u bake..because this really turns soft...which cream did you use..your cream must be not whipped well ..i use non dairy whipped cream and beat it till it hold stiff yet soft peaks ...

Anonymous said...

I too used non diary whipping cream....I baked it tog 180 for 55 mins...coz when I checked it after 40 mins the centre was not baked when toothpick inserted it was sticking

Anonymous said...

Hi if I want to use both Sugar white as well as Brown what will be the ratio

Gloria Fernandes said...

Use half cup each of both sugar

priya said...

Awesome recipe... This is the first cake recipe me and my friend made together

Post a Comment