A very delicious cake made using Mava /Khoya and Pista ..I love mava cakes the one which we get in famous Irani bakeries..I have tried it couple of times and it always came out well ...I will share that recipe later. Today's post is a delicious and yummy Mava Cake with Pistachios .
Pista essence gave this cake a lovely flavour .The cake was not dense like the normal ones are but soft and really delicious.
I made this for our Church Feast which falls on Independence day and it was a big hit. It was soft and yumm til .Do try it out and let me know how it turned.
1 1/2 cup flour/maida
1/2 cup butter/100 gms soft
150 gms mava/mawa//khoya dried whole milk
3-4 tbsp milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pista essence
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift the flour and baking powder and keep aside
- Bring the mava to room temperature if kept in fridge
- Grease a 7 inch cake tin and line it with parchment.
- Pre heat the oven at 170 degree for 10 mins.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Then add in eggs and beat well .
- Add in essence and mix
- Add in mava and continue to beat till all mixed and incorporated well.
- Fold in flour and mix well add milk to loosen the batter.
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios over the cake
- Bake for 40- 50 min at 170 degree Celsius or till skewer inserted comes out clean
- Allow to cool then slice and enjoy
To make this eggless ,replace 2 eggs with 1/2 cup yogurt mixed with 1/2 tsp baking soda.keep aside for 10 minutes .then add the mixed yogurt to the cake batter and mix well.