1 cup dates deseeded
2 tbsp tamarind
1/2 cup jaggery
1/2 to 3/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dry ginger or saunth(optional)
Black salt rock salt
- Cut the dates , soak the dates in water
- Also soak the tamarind separately
- Drain the water .
- Grind the tamarind and dates to a pulp in the mixer
- Cook the tamarind dates in a pan adding 1 to 1 1/2 cup water
- Add jaggery and cook on low flame .
- The jaggery will dissolve and the mixture will begin to thicken as it boils
- Add the cumin powder red chilli powder saunth powder black salt and salt to taste
- Cook for 5-6 minutes .
- Cool and store .