Easy Homemade Dried Cranberry Sauce

Cant believe Christmas is already over and whole new year has already begun .I'm still in the hangover of the holiday season.
I had rosted a stuffed chicken for christmas so for new year i tried roasting the chicken with something different this time .I didn't wanna stuff it but wanted to keep it simple  I didn't nt nything hevy so made this cranberry sauce and served with chicken roulade .
So finally I dropped the idea of roasted chicken and made yummy chciken roulade which i served with this amazingly super yumm and easy sauce.-I had brought some  red & black cranberries to make some jam. From which i used black cranberries for the jam whilst the red ones were still in the fridge. then i browsed the net for some cranberry sauce recipe & I came up with this.
 I have used dried craberries to make this .You can make it using  fresh cranberries .

 Ingredients:
250 gms dried cranberries
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup wter
1 tbsp orange rind
1/2 cup brown sugar
 1/2 inch cinmmon stick

Method:
Soak the cranberries in water for bout 30 min till they swell up well.

Place all the ingredients in nonstick pan and let it come to nice boil.

With the spatula mash cranberries.

Cook till the sauce thickens well.

Remove from heat .cool completely at room temperature then refrigerate for further use.

Use as desired .

We enjoyed it with Chicken roulade .I'll be posting the recipe soon.


NewerStories OlderStories Home

8 comments:

priya said...

ahhh ...look at the colour...so gorgeous ..looks good

priya said...

nice n easy to prepare..will go so well with chicken ..waiting to see our chicken roulade

Juliana said...

Thanks for the recipe Gloria, since I always have dry cranberry handy, this is something that I can see myself making.
Hope you are having a wonderful week :D

Amelia said...

Hi Gloria, this look good and the colour is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Have a nice day.

nandoos kitchen said...

such a lovely sauce. nice and colourful

On-going event: south indian cooking

Unknown said...

Wow looking so yummy dear <3
Following you :D via GFC
www.homesweethome.in

Rosita Vargas said...

Exquisita mermelada con precioso color,abrazos.

Nava K said...

Its a beautiful sauce, simple yet can be added and combined with other dishes.

Post a Comment