Avocado and Pistachio Milkshake

Avocado is a very healthy fruit with so many health benefits despite of knowing all the benefits I never ever used in my diet until I tried this yummy milkshake..I came across many delicious recipes from ice cream to sandwiches but never thought of trying it myself.  This summers somehow I was attracted to this fruit & gave this drink a try..Since then I fell in love with its unique buttery taste. I  enjoyed this for breakfast and it kept me  full for hours together.

I love the pale green colour this gives so I thought of adding some more nutrition & colour to this. I added some pistachios to this milkshake & it tasted even more good..

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
2 -3 cups cold milk
3-4 tbsp sugar/as needed
1/2 cup pistachio blanched
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Method:
Peel the avocado and cut into half discarding the pit.
Put all the ingredients in a blender & blend till creamy & smooth.
If you feel its too thick add about 1 cup milk & blend till combined.
Pour into glass & serve chilled.

Notes:
If you wish you could skip the sugar and add honey instead.
you could also use powdered pistachios.

NewerStories OlderStories Home

21 comments:

Rafeeda AR said...

with those pistachios... it would taste really good...

Unknown said...

looks lovely ..nice colour...

priya said...

I have never tried this out.....looks good...may be I should I think of trying now..

Unknown said...

aah.. so refreshing n filling

Unknown said...

Love the color....... Looks refreshing !

Home Cooked food said...

lovely color and healthy ingredients, delicious.

Nava K said...

Its a healthy fruit but its also expensive over here. I seldom buy; prefer our local fruits. The shake is feeling and packed with lots of nutrients. Wish I can start my day with a glass of it.

nandoos kitchen said...

sooo refreshing drink..

~~louise~~ said...

Lovely color, Gloria. I have been "playing" a lot with smoothies lately. I must try this one! Oh so healthy and I'm sure yummy too:)

Thank you so much for sharing...

Julie said...

avocado adds flavor and natural green color to pista shake,yummy..feeling thirsty :)

mjskit said...

What a beautiful drink and you're right - very healthy! Nice touch with the pistachios. Interesting combination of flavors.

Harini said...

Pleasing color n yummy drink

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

healthy and delicious juice..love d color.

Amelia said...

Hi Gloria, very refreshing and healthy milkshake. Thanks for sharing, I need one right now. :))

Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

Anonymous said...

lovely colour & healthy milkshake.....Priyanka

Priya Suresh said...

Very attractive milkshake, i can finish that glass rite now.

Nammi said...

wow, love that green colour.

Anonymous said...

HEalthy & filling milkshake dear

Shobha Kamath said...

Very healthy drink. The natural green colour looks awesome.

Sona said...

Healthy and delicious milkshake.. Love the color..
Happy to follow you :)

great-secret-of-life said...

so creamy love this color..

Post a Comment